Wednesday, 19 September 2012

The Next Best Thing - Tagged for WIP challenge!


I've been tagged by the delightful   Debra Suzanne Ingram for The Next Best Thing.  

So here we go with the questionnaire:

What is the working title of your next book?
Toast of Clifton -  Book 2 in the Royal Series [4 books]



Where did the idea come from?
It's a sequel to book 1 - By Loyalty Divided - and you might not believe me if I told you, so I’ll just say “Ghost of a Horse”

What genre does your book fall under?
Historical Romance

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Richard Armitage & Kiera Knightley




What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Toast of Clifton is a story of intense and passionate love in which past betrayal haunts the hero, and when the chance to right a wrong comes his way he takes it, but to lose every thing including the love of his life will be a high price to pay for heroism.

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?
Self-published

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Five months.

What other books would you compare this story to within the same genre?
By Loyalty Divided – Francine Howarth/ Herald of Joy – Pamela Belle/ Royal Escape – Georgette Heyer



Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A house I lived in and a house I knew well.



What else about your book might pique the readers interest?
That it's set within the 17th century during the period of the English Civil War, that it features swashbuckling Cavaliers & Roundheads and royal persons of note.


Now here's the fun bit I had to tag five other authors, and here they are: please pay them a visit and see what sort of books they pen!

Cerece Rennie Murphy 

Deatri King-Bey

Stephanie N Norris

Angelica Vernon Menchan

Raynetta Manees




14 comments:

  1. Good answers, Francine. The concept for your book is very tempting - a period I love and actors I find it easy to root for as the heros and heroines of the piece. Gx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gilli,

      Thanks for stopping by to comment. RA being tall dark and handsome suited the hero perfectly. ;)

      best
      F

      Delete
  2. It sounds intriguing Francine. I particularly love the look of the two houses that inspired you to write it. I'm also very keen to see the movie version now... Keira Knightley and Richard Armitage would be perfect alongside each other!
    I'm so into reading YA books at the moment but I really must take a break so that I can read yours, as well as some of the FFP authors. I'm sure I'd enjoy them!!
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy,

      Thanks for stopping by to comment. I'm hoping to get around to everyone's tags today!

      YA novels are not my thing as such but do one or two from time to time. I'm hoping to get around to more of the FFP listed books, soon. ;)

      best
      F

      Delete
  3. I know my books won't suit many of the FFP authors and I certainly wouldn't expect them to read them (yourself included Francine!!) Maybe I'll tempt them (and you, perhaps?) when I finally finish Forever Fredless, a chick lit book I've been working on for years!
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but the Raven series has piqued my interest! You probably didn't notice but in the right side column of this blog is YA short story! :o

      best
      F

      Delete
  4. I love it when authors are inspired by places where they've lived or know very well - it adds an extra dimension to the work on the page and enriches the reading of it.

    I'll confess I'm not too keen on period pieces as a general rule, but once in a while one will leap out and grab my attention - this one just may do that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly,

      Thanks for stopping by to comment, and of course, historical period novels are not everyone's favourite genre. I'm quite happy penning contemporaries as well, though less of late. ;)

      best
      F

      Delete
  5. Francie such great answers and I can see why the two grand houses inspired you to write. Great to learn more about your.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline,

      Thanks for dropping by. Houses do have appeal in the context of interiors: slab floors and panelled walls, and of course secret rooms! ;)

      best
      F

      Delete
  6. It takes a great writer and excellent promoter to get that much information into a one-sentence synopsis! lol Sounds like a great book, Francine. Make sure you let us know when it's released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen,

      Thanks ever so for stopping by to comment. I fell sure I'll be boring everyone to death when I finally release this one: and book 1... ;)

      best
      F

      Delete
  7. I agree - a brilliant synopsis - and a very informative blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guernsey Girl,

      Thanks for dropping by.

      best
      F

      Delete